How to set up a FallBack Extension¶
In case an agent does not answer a call (because of: timeout, reject, busy etc.), you have the option to send the call to a phone number mobile or to an extension of another user.
Steps to follow in order to set the internal extension of another User as a Fallback number, with simultaneous ringing option:¶
Step 1. User based settings¶
- In section PBX/Users select the user for whom you want to set the FallBack Number
- Fill in the field Fallback Number with the extension that can take the call, if the initial user doesn't answer within the time frame set by the variable CALL_TIMEOUT defined in Inbound Routes (60 de seconds by default or according to the setup) OR if the user is unavailable;
Please note! The function CALL_TIMEOUT from the Inbound Route needs to be less than the timeout defined in Queue, in order for the FallBack Number to receive the call.
- Check the option Ring simultaneously in order to activate ringing simultaneously the FallBack Number together with main user's Extension ( regardless of timeout or answer).
- Click on Update user
Step 2. Queue based settings¶
- In section PBX/Queues select the Queue that you want
- Select the User from Step 1
- In section Members, select Type: Local + Fallback no
- Click on Update queue
Available in other languages: RO
Go to top